Monday, October 31, 2011

SOFA Salón del Ocio y la Fantasía 2011 (SEFA Show of Entertainment and Fantasy 2011) -Event Coverage Part 1- by ChrismanDesign / My First Bloggy Experience


Ya iba siendo hora que mostrara a mis colegas y visitantes alrededor del mundo, que en mi país y especificamente en su capital: Bogotá, D.C., donde vivo, hay una cultura del cómic, animé, manga, coleccionismo, ilustración y arte urbano, que está creciendo con fuerza. 

También era hora de dejar a un lado mi timidez (suponiendo que alguna vez haya sido tímido... HOHOHO) para traerles esta breve reseña, dividida en dos partes. 

Como se trata de un evento para una subcultura clandestina (mejor conocida como los "Frikis"), la entrada de mis dos colegas y yo, fue también un poquitín clandestina, como puede deducirse de las primeras imágenes que documentan este hecho de la vida real (no vayan a pensar que esto me lo imaginé... =PPPPP). 

Para empezar diré que extrañé la presencia de algunos expositores interesantes (importadores de figuras de colección), aunque hubo otros que manejaron ámbitos diferentes de la cultura del entretenimiento, lo cual me parece "sano", pues para mí en la variedad está el placer. 

Igualmente encontré que la organización esta mejorando progresivamente y aunque diste mucho de lo que uno vería en una "Comic-Con", se le está dando espacio a varias expresiones locales de este mundillo loco en el que están inmersos dementes como nosotros. 

Parte importante de generar una cultura (o contracultura) es la asimilación de conceptos, ideas, puntos de vista que provienen del exterior, para vivenciarlos localmente y lograr una identidad propia (ya estoy sonando como antropólogo...) Creo que las imágenes son bastante informativas, pero si alguno de mis colegas o visitantes tiene inquietudes, bien puede dejar un comentario al respecto al final de esta publicación (parte de mi campaña contra la timidez friki) y con gusto las resolveré... 

Por el momento, deseo que DIOS nos bendiga y que la próxima semana podamos encontrarnos nuevamente... =)

ENGLISH
Is about time to show my colleagues and visitors from around the world, that in my country and specifically in its capital: Bogotá, DC, where I live, there is a culture of comic, anime, manga, collectionism, illustration and street / urban art, which is growing fast. 

It was also time to put aside my shyness (assuming that I ever were shy... HOHOHO) to bring all of you this brief review, divided into two parts. 

As this is an event for an underground subculture (better known as the "Geeks"), the entry of two of my colleagues and I, was a bit underground too, as it’s evident by the first images that document this fact of the real life (don’t you ever think that I imagined it... =PPPPP). 

To start, I will say that I missed the presence of some interesting exhibitors (importers of collection figures), although there were others who managed different areas, which I think is "healthy", because for me the spice is in the variety. 

Also i found that the organization is been improved gradually and, although far from what someone would see in a "Comic-Con", it’s been given space to various local expression of this little crazy world in which insane people like us are involved. 

An important part of creating a culture (or counterculture) is the assimilation of concepts, ideas, points of view from the outside, to experience them locally and achieve a self-identity (and I’m already sounding like an anthropologist...), I think these images are quite informative, but if any of my colleagues or visitors have questions, feel free to leave them in a comment at the end of this publication (which is part of my campaign against the geek shyness) and I will solve them gladly... 

For now, I wish GOD to bless us and that we can meet again next week... =)

2 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I don't know, but it seems like this is your first coverage of a comic-con type event like this. Nice coverage there and yes there were quite a lot of anime figurines. The bootlegs looks ok too just for display with exposure to light and dust. Hee! Hee! Any haul from the event?

chrismandesign said...

oh yeahh pal !!! that was my first coverage and i tried to be more visual than textual, since i’m not the kind of "extensive and intensive" reviews but the kind of "let’s have some fun and let the pics talk themselves"... the bootlegs are right for some people, but not for me, so yep all the dust and light for them HAHAHAHA... ohhh and a haul ??? well, let’s wait... =D