Sunday, June 30, 2013

2000 Honda S2000 (AP1) Compact Sport Roadster 2003 Import Tuner Series Release C T03-16 Diecast Scale 1:56 by Muscle Machines/Funline Merchandise Co., Inc.

Estoy trabajando duro para incrementar la cuota de ejemplos de Asian Muscle en mi blog y como efecto secundario, estoy empezando a apreciar mucho mejor toda la "mística" detrás de estos autos. 

Sólo para que quede constancia, el acceso a modelos asiáticos en mi infancia fue muy restringido, básicamente unos poquísimos modelos de Majorette, porque marcas como Hot Wheels, Matchbox y el resto no estaban disponibles (¡de no creer!)... 

Compartiré más de mi infancia y "asuntos personales" en futuras publicaciones... 

¡Así que déjen de ser chismosos y enfoquémonos en este modelo! =PPPPP... 

Honda es una compañía con una larga tradición en la fabricación de autos, desde 1949, aunque empezó como fabricante de motocicletas. 

El fundador, Soichiro Honda, fue un mecánico reputado, personalizador de autos y estuvo envuelto en las carreras de autos por allá en los 20s y 30s. 

Con semejante trasfondo, ahora entiendo el prestigio detrás de esta marca y porque es una de las pocas incluidas en la F1 (de hecho, no soy entusiasta de las carreras F1, pero no puedo negar su importancia en el desarrollo de tecnología para la industria automotriz). 

Para su aniversario 50 (1999), Honda decidió crear un modelo conmemorativo, más exactamente un roadster (auto deportivo convertible), para celebrar por todo lo alto. 

Tomó probablemente entre 5 y 10 años el llegar al modelo final de producción y esa es la razón por la cual permaneció casi igual, tanto afuera como adentro hasta 2009, su último año. 

El Roadster Deportivo Compacto Honda S2000 del año 2000 es un vehículo liviano con distribución de peso 50:50 (para un mejor comportamiento en la carretera), de tracción trasera, transmisión manual de seis velocidades y la potencia venía de un motor 2.0 L, F20C 4-cilindros en línea DOCH-VTEC de aspiración natural, clasificado entre 240 hp y 247 hp, dependiendo de la configuración, ¡realmente tiene lo que se necesita para brindar un desempeño serio!... 

Muscle Machines, con su Serie Import Tuner, me permitió traerles este modelo en la forma de una deliciosa mini-réplica. 

Como es usual, el nivel de detalle es increíble, todas las modificaciones (tuning) lucen muy realistas, el trabajo de pintura y los tampos son de primera e incluyen el parabrisas, los interiores, el deflector trasero y debajo del chasis, diseño fabuloso de rimes en blanco, ruedas de caucho, escapes cromados y por si estas características fueran poco, hay una hermosa tarjeta coleccionable... 

Vale cada centavo pagado (¡y no fue barato, en lo absoluto!)... 

2 Cro 14:1-4 "Durmió Abías con sus padres y fue sepultado en la ciudad de David. Y reinó en su lugar su hijo Asa, en cuyos días tuvo sosiego el país por diez años. E hizo Asa lo bueno y lo recto ante los ojos de JEHOVÁ su DIOS. Porque quitó los altares del culto extraño y los lugares altos; quebró las imágenes y destruyó los símbolos de Asera; y mandó a Judá que buscase a JEHOVÁ el DIOS de sus padres, y pusiese por obra la ley y sus mandamientos." 

Cuiden sus pasos mientras regreso... =)

ENGLISH 
I’m working hard to increase the share of Asian Muscle samples in my blog and as a side effect, I’m beginning to appreciate much better the whole "mystique" behind these cars. 

Just for the record, the access to Asian models in my childhood was very restricted, basically a few models by Majorette, because brands like Hot Wheels, Matchbox and the rest were not available (unbelievable!)... 

I will share more of my childhood and "personal affairs" in future publications... 

So stop being nosy and let’s focus on this model! =PPPPP... 

Honda is a company with a long tradition in the car manufacturing, since 1949, although it began as a motorcycle manufacturer. 

The founder, Soichiro Honda, was a reputed mechanic, car tuner and was involved in the car races back in the 20s and 30s. 

With such background, now I understand the prestige behind this brand and why is one of the few involved in the F1 (in fact, I’m not keen of the F1 Race, but I cannot deny its importance in the developing of technology for the car industry). 

For its 50th anniversary (1999), Honda decided to create a commemorative model, more exactly a roadster, to celebrate in style. 

It took probably between 5 and 10 years to arrive at the final production model and that’s why it remained almost the same, both inside and outside until 2009, its last year. 

The 2000 Honda S2000 Compact Sport Roadster is a lightweight vehicle with a 50:50 weight distribution (for a better behavior on the road), rear wheel drive layout, six-speed manual transmission and the power came from a 2.0 L, F20C inline 4-cylinder DOCH-VTEC naturally aspired engine, rated between 240 hp and 247 hp, depending on the configuration, actually it has what it takes to provide a serious performance!... 

Muscle Machines, with its Import Tuner Series, allowed me to bring you this model in the form of a delicious mini-replica. 

As usual the level of detail is incredible, all the modifications (tuning) look very realistic, the paint job and tampos are top notch and include the windshield, the interiors, the rear spoiler and bellow the chassis, fabulous rims design in white, rubber tires, chrome exhausts and if those features weren’t enough, there is a beautiful trading card... 

It’s worth every cent paid (and it wasn’t cheap, not at all!)... 

2 Chr 14:1-4 "So Abijah slept with his fathers and they buried him in the city of David. And Asa his son reigned in his stead. In his days the land was quiet ten years. And Asa did that which was good and right in the eyes of the LORD his GOD. For he took away the altars of the strange gods and the high places, and broke down the images and cut down the groves. And commanded Judah to seek the LORD GOD of their fathers and to do the law and the commandment." 

Watch your step while I come back... =)

8 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Maybe the spoiler is kind off extra but I sure like the decals and details of this toy. Clearly defined from interior, tires to undercarriage.

chrismandesign said...

yep, the rear spoiler looks kinda exaggerated, but the car itself is rather small and i have seen such huge spoilers in the real life, maybe the ragtops need a greater drag effect of the spoiler than the coupes... tuning is all about exaggeration anyway LOL... is good to hear something from you pal, THX for coming... =D

chrismandesign said...

yep, the rear spoiler looks kinda exaggerated, but the car itself is rather small and i have seen such huge spoilers in the real life, maybe the ragtops need a greater drag effect of the spoiler than the coupes... tuning is all about exaggeration anyway LOL... is good to hear something from you pal, THX for coming... =D

David John Shewsbury said...

If I have this car, I wouldn't bother about the spoiler unless of coz if you spend a lot of time on the racing track/circuit instead of on the road. Nonetheless, on this toy car model, I personally feel that the rear spoiler or GT Wing set up is plain ugly. It's OK to have such thing but the angle have to be adjusted accordingly - at least. Anyway, minus that spoiler/GT wing, I guess this S2000 still looks great. It's always my dream car till now.

chrismandesign said...

HEHE... the spoiler... seems to be the "spoiled" instead LOL... actually it’s slightly askew and i cannot correct it without ruin it so i prefered to keep it that way... anyway, being this one a pre-Maisto era diecast (i mean, when Muscle Machines was independent), i would not consider a modification and the rest of the model is quite satisfying, so the huge spoiler is absolutely forgivable... =)

David John Shewsbury said...

Yeah, agree with you, on this one I guess you just have to leave it that way... it's a toy after all, we can't hope too much for perfection on such scale.

By the way, I have 3 trucks review uploaded today, you probably like them. Go check it out at Shewsbury Land.

cortesmachineart said...

... ban say...ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... esta nave si que es pa darle sable a todas las carreteras disponibles... claro que antes de eso me tocara llevarlo al 7 de agosto para que le corrijan el descuadre del aleron... mientras eso me tomare un zaque en las rocosas...y ahi si que se tengan...

chrismandesign said...

yo más bien me prendería con un buen guarapo fuertón, pero eso sí, después de haberle dado zapato a este fierro nipón... porque tomado, ni de riesgos, yo mejor entrego las llaves... o me voy en taxi...

porque manejar tomado, se lo dejo a los cafres que están matando gente a lo desgüaletado y todavía les dicen, que pobrecitos, que son almitas de Dios y cometieron un errorcito, al final les dan la casa por cárcel... claro, desde que tengan como untarle la mano a unos cuantos tales...

no freguemos !!! por eso es que nos tienen por corrompidos en el exterior, por esos asesinos al volante y por esos jueces de bolsillo... =@@@@@